Meet our Executive Director
VOCES owner and founder, Guy Manuel Garcia, M.A. CCC-SLP, has 18 years of experience in the field of educational services for the Latino community. He has worked as a speech-language pathologist in Texas; New Mexico; Guadalajara, Mexico; and Arizona. Before creating VOCES, he worked for school districts, speech-language service companies, the State of Arizona, and Harcourt Education.
Garcia’s service and awards include:
- Active member of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) Special Division 14 Multicultural Populations.
- Recipient of a “2013 Friends of Communication Disorders Program” award from New Mexico State University.
- Given back to the profession by supporting young students pursuing advanced speech-pathology degrees with more than $11,500 in scholarships.
- Former board member of Children of Mexico International, a group of speech-language professionals and students who work to improve communication skills and quality of life for disabled children and young adults in Mexico. Garcia participated in service trips to Guadalajara, Mexico in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Participated in a cleft palate clinic on a service trip to Peru with New Mexico State University in summer 2014.
I started VOCES because I wanted to create more bilingual SLPs through mentorship. I wanted to create a company that I would want to work for and that would meet my goal of supporting bilingual SLPs.
All VOCES team members are committed to making a difference. Our company values focus on: family, challenging yourself, practicing strength, integrity, caring, taking risks, honesty, passion and life-long learning. If these sound like your values, you may be a good match for VOCES. Contact me to learn more about our openings.